Metalcore stalwarts The Devil Wears Prada will release their eighth album, Color Decay, arriving September 16th via Solid State Records. The band kicked off this thrilling new era with the video for “Salt.”
“‘Salt’ is a song about trying to move forward and then feeling like nothing ever changes, even when you’ve seemingly done everything right,” the band says, crystalizing an all-too-familiar feeling.
During 2021, the musicians secretly converged together at remote hideaways in Wisconsin and Desert Hot Springs, California. This time around, the band’s own Jonathan Gering took the reins as producer, collaborating closely to assemble a rich sonic architecture for what would become Color Decay.
- Previously released were the tracks “Watchtower” & “Sacrifice.”
- Color Decay follows 2019’s The Act with Revolver selecting the record as one of the “50 Most Anticipated Albums of 2022.”
- The group has notched six consecutive Top 5 debuts on the Billboard Top Hard Rock Albums Chart, including Dead Throne (2011), 8:18 (2013), Space EP (2015), Transit Blues (2016), The Act (2019), and ZII EP (2021).
- Over the course of their career the band has exceeded a-quarter-of-a-billion cumulative streams and views on streaming platforms.
- TDWP will embark on a Summer 2022 headline tour with Stray From the Path and Dying Wish. The band will be performing the Zombie EP and the ZII EP in full, along with a selection of greatest hits. View dates here.
It’s been 17 years since the band’s formation. What more can be said about TDWP that hasn’t been said already? That’s for you to decide and to get to the bottom of. The band ALWAYS keeps fans guessing and continues to flip its sonic script — making for an interesting listen.