As the Christmas holiday nears, let us reflect on the true spirit of the season, the spirit of giving. As you count your blessings, be mindful of those who are less fortunate. As an example to all of us, Rick Allen‘s humble and pure heart toward helping people who can really use a hand, is inspiring and warms the heart. In that very same spirit, Screamer Magazine has decided to devote this special issue to Those Who Make A Difference. In addition to the few articles in this issue that show how rockers make a difference, we also highlight some charities that put your donations to work in the very best way. Please consider some of the top rated charities according to the highly respected charity watchdog organization CharityWatch.
Have a rockin’ Christmas and practice, practice, practice good will toward men.
From their website:
Founded in 1944, CancerCare is the leading national organization providing free, professional support services and information to help people manage the emotional, practical and financial challenges of cancer.
Our comprehensive services include resource navigation, counseling and support groups over the phone, online and in-person, educational workshops, publications and financial and co-payment assistance. All CancerCare services are provided by master’s-prepared oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
In our fiscal year ending June 30, 2021:
- CancerCare provided 186,614 services to people affected by cancer, serving clients with 102 different types of cancer in all 50 states.
- Our oncology social workers answered 49,092 calls to our Hopeline.
- Our staff provided 45,063 hours of emotional and practical support through our Hopeline, individual counseling, support groups, community programs and more.
- CancerCare provided $76.4 million in financial and co-payment assistance to 30,944 people for costs including transportation, practical needs and to pay for cancer medications.
- CancerCare welcomed 1.88 million visits to our websites, and users completed 55,812 searches in our Online Helping Hand to find practical and financial assistance.
- We distributed 807,344 print and digital publications to people living with cancer, caregivers, loved ones and health care professionals.
- Leading experts in oncology led 74 CancerCare Connect® Education Workshops, from 136 faculty members and 98 partner organizations, drawing 49,166 participants.
- The Pet Assistance & Wellness (PAW) Program helped 466 clients keep their pet in the home.
- My Cancer CircleTM served 40,916 active users in 2,012 active caregiver communities.
To learn more, visit www.cancercare.org/services or call 800-813-HOPE (4673).